How do I maintain a list of competitor email addresses within Orion?
Return to the Support Questions page.
Communicating with shooters and coaches is an essential part of successful club and match management. Email is one mechanism that helps achieve this goal. Orion provides a series of tools that allow you, as the club or match director, to maintain and use a list of email address from your shooters and coaches.
Maintaining Email Addresses.
- Shooter Database: The Shooter Database, which is a listing of the shooter's who frequently shoot at a club's range, has an email address field for each shooter.
- Matches: In each match, there is a field for tracking a shooter's or team's email address.
Creating an Email for an Individual Shooter.
The following directions are specific for emailing shooters from the Shooter Database. The same basic process may be followed to create emails for an open Match from the 'Match Competitors' or 'Match Teams' tab.
- Click on the 'Shooter Database' tab.
- Select the shooter you wish to email.
To select a shooter, click on the far left column (to the left of Last Name), the entire row will be highlighted once selected. Multiple shooters may be selected at once by using the shift or control keys.
- After selecting the shooter right-click the mouse. Orion will display a pop-up menu. Click on the 'Email Individual' option.
Orion will open your default email program and create a new email with the email address of the shooters you previously selected.
Emailing All Shooters in a Match.
- Open the match from within Orion.
- From the menu bar, click on 'Match' and then 'Email Participants.'
Orion will open your default email program and create a new email with the email address of all the shooters in your match.