How do I import participants from an Excel file?
Return to the Support Questions page.
Orion has the capability to import participants from an Excel file. This includes both shooters and teams.
- Open the match to import data into.
- Click on 'Match,' then 'Import,' and then 'Participants.'
- Select the Excel file that contains the data to import.
- Match the columns in the Excel file to the data columns in Orion.
- Select which columns to import by checking the 'Import' check box.
- Click the 'Import' button.
Rules for importing participants from Excel.
- Must save the file as an Excel Microsoft Office Open XML (.xlsx). Older version of Excel (.xls) may work but are not supported.
- Each row in the Excel file must represent a competitor, except the header row.
- Every competitor in the Excel file will be imported, provided they have both a first and last name.
- All data to import must be in the first tab (worksheet) of the Excel file.
- It is best, but not necessarily required, to have a header row with values matching
the headers on the Match Competitors tab in Orion.
- If a header row is used, the header values must be unique and non-blank.
- Category data (e.g. 3 Position Rifle Type) is CaSe SeNSiTiVe, as are Team Names.
- New Teams will be created if a matching name is not found.