How do I set up my scanner to work with Orion?
Return to the Support Questions page.
Orion supports a number of Canon ImageFormula scanners. These are the Canon DR-6010C, DR-3010C, DR-M140, DR-C225, and DR-C125. To set up the scanner, simply install the drivers, select the straight path option, and specify the scanner for Orion to scan from.
- Install Scanner Drivers.
- Open the Orion software on your computer.
- From the menu bar click on 'Tools,' then 'Install Canon Scanner Drivers,' then the name of your scanner.
- Orion will begin to download the drivers in the background. Depending on the speed of your connection this process may take several minutes. Once downloaded the installation process will begin.
- Select the Straight-Path Option.
- On the P208, set the "Auto-Start" switch on the back to the "Off" position.
- On the DR-C125 and DR-C225, rotate the straight path option lever down. It is located on the bottom right side of the scanner.
- On the DR-3010C, there is no special straight-path control.
- On the DR-M160ii, there is no special straight-path control.
- On the DR-4010C and DR-6010C, open the straight-path option tray located on the back of the scanner.
- Specify to Orion which scanner to use.
- Open Orion.
- Open or create a new match.
- From the menu, select 'Match,' then 'Scoring,' then 'Select Scanner.'
- Select the appropriate scanner from the list.
- Click 'Save.'