How do I reset my Canon scanner drivers for Orion?
Return to the Support Questions page.
If Orion is repeatedly unable to calibrate, or notifies the user that the targets are not the expected size, it may be necessary to reset the Orion workstation's scanner drivers.
The following directions apply to any of the Canon imageFORMULA scanners (e.g. Canon C240, M160ii, or 6010C).
To reset Canon scanner's drivers.
- Have a match open and one target that needs to be scanned.
- From Orion's menu click on 'Match' then 'Score' then 'Auto-Score using Scanner Drivers.'
- When the scanner drivers open, click the Default button. Then change the following settings:
- Color Mode: 24-Bit Color
- Page Size: Match Original Size
- Dots per inch: 300 DPI
- Scanning Side: Skip blank page
- Automatically straightens skewed Uncheck
- Load the scanner with the single target and click 'Scan.'
Orion will scan the target again. This time it should score the target successfully.