How do I set my scanner to detect double feeds?
Return to the Support Questions page.
Canon scanners have a double feed detection feature. When turned on, the scanner will notify the user whenever a double feed occurs. The scanner will stop scanning and not save the target image. By stopping, the scanner is providing an opportunity to refeed the targets.
To turn on double feed detection.
- Have a match open and one target that needs to be scanned.
- From Orion's menu click on 'Match' then 'Score' and then 'Auto-Score using Scanner Drivers.'
- When the scanner drivers open, click on the 'Others' tab.
- Under 'Double Feed Detection,' enable (put a check in the check box) 'Detect by Ultrasonic.'
- Load the scanner with a target, and click 'Scan.'