How do I track a shooter's membership number from other organizations?
Return to the Support Questions page.
By default, Orion can track a shooter's CMP Competitor Number or their USA Shooting membership number. Users may also add other identification numbers, such as a school ID, to track within Orion. These are called "membership fields." Tracking membership field values are helpful since they may be used to print generic barcode labels for day-to-day training and use the values as default competitor numbers in a match.
Adding a new Membership Field.
- Click on 'Database' and then 'Database Properties.'
- Click on the 'Membership' tab.
- Click on the 'Add' button.
- Fill in the information on the name of the Membership organization and a brief description.
- Click 'Save.'
- Put a check mark next to the new Membership Field.
- Click 'Save' again.
- Orion will add a new column in the Shooter Database with the Membership Field name.
Using Membership Field Values as Default Competitor Numbers.
- Either create a new match, or open Match Properties, of an existing match.
- Click on the 'Comp. Num.' tab.
- Select the 'Use Membership Field value' option.
- Select the applicable Membership Field value from the drop down list.
- Click the 'Save' button.
Note: Changing these values only effects competitors added to the match after the change. It will not modify competitors already in the match.