How do I download and install the Orion software?
Return to the Support Questions page.
Checking for new versions of Orion.
- Open Orion.
- From Orion's menu, click on 'Help' and then 'Check for Updates.'
- Orion will communicate with the server and notify you of the current release version.
Installing the Orion Software.
The Orion software is available by download only. You must have a valid Orion license to download the software.
The following steps may vary slightly depending on your web browser.
- Click on My Account to log in.
- Enter your numeric account number and your password.
Your Orion account number may be found by going to Help and then About from within Orion.
- Click on 'Software Downloads.'
- Carefully review the End User License Agreement. When you are finished, click the 'Accept' button at the bottom of the page.
- A list of the currently available version of Orion will appear. Select the link for the most recent production version at the top of the page.
- Your browser may ask if you would like to 'Run' or 'Save' the file. Select 'Run'.
- Windows may prompt you with a message "Windows protected your PC." If you receive this message click on "More info" and then "Run anyway."
- When the installer runs, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the Orion installation.