What do I do if two targets double feed through the scanner?
Return to the Support Questions page.
- Open the scanner and remove the targets that double feed.
- Check to make sure nothing is causing the double feed (i.e. torn edges). Remove any tape from the targets or repair any torn edges if needed.
- Blow out any debris in the scanner using canned air.
- Check that the scanner's "Feed Selection Lever" is in the down position set to multi-page scanning.
- On the DR-6010C and DR-4010C the feed selection lever is on the from left hand side.
- On the DR-3010C the feed selection lever is on the front right hand side.
- On the DR-C225 and DR-C125 the feed selection lever is on the right side of the scanner.
- The DR-M160ii, P-208 and LiDE 700F do not have a feed selection lever.
- Check that the scanner's input tray is not overloaded.
- Place the targets back into the scanner and then continue scanning.
- If these targets continue to double feed it may be necessary to scan one target at a time.
- Once all targets are scanned Orion will highlight (in red) any shooters with two or more targets assigned to the same position and stage. This may occur when a target is scanned twice due to a double feed. Look at each target and decide which one represents the double feed. Then simply remove it from Orion.
- To remove a target from Orion, select the target, right click, and select "Remove Target."
If the workstation's scanner double feeds targets often, read this to learn how to help solve the problem.
If this problem persists, turn on double feed detection.