How do I create a Tournament?
Return to the Support Questions page.
An Orion Tournament is simply an online grouping of Matches. Typically a tournament is a set of matches that have something in common. For example, each month Orion creates a tournament comprising of the five Monthly Virtual Matches. Participants can then go to the Tournament Page within the Result Center and view all five Virtual Match results on a single page.
Any Orion for Clubs user may create a tournament. Any Orion for Clubs user, with permission from the creator, may add a match to a tournament.
Creating a Tournament
- Open Orion.
- From the menu bar, click on Result Center and then Create a New Tournament.
- Provide the name, date, and contact information.
- Please provide a meaningful name.
- Specifying the end date is important. After the end date users will no longer be able to add matches to this tournament.
- Listing contact information is not required but recommended
- To grant other users to add Matches to this Tournament:
- Find and select the Orion account you wish to allow to add Matches to your Tournament.
- Click the right arrow.
The creator of a Tournament always has permission to add Matches to the Tournament.
- Click the Save button.