I get an error message "One or more targets were scanned in backwards."
Return to the Support Questions page.
There are three potential issues which can cause this error.
The first is the orientation of the targets. The second is an incorrect scanner driver setting
- With the Canon DR-C225 or DR-C125 the targets are loaded such that the bottom of the targets
are feed into the scanner first. The aiming bulls should face forward. That is to say,
if you are looking at the scanner from the front, the aiming bulls are visible and the
targets are right side up
- With the Canon P-208, DR-3010C and DR-M160II the targets are loaded such that the top of the
targets are fed into the scanner first. The aiming bulls should face away. That is to
say, if you are looking at the scanner from the front or top, the aiming bulls are not
With the Canon DR-4010C or DR-6010C the targets are loaded such that the top of the targets are
feed into the scanner first. The aiming bulls are facing up. That is to say, if you are
looking at the scanner from the top, the aiming bulls are visible.
Additionally, this error may be caused by incorrect driver settings. Adjusting or resetting your scanner drivers to insure the "Scanning Side" is set to Simplex will solve this issue. This can be done through the following steps:
- Have a match open and one target that needs to be scanned.
- From Orion's menu click on 'Match' then 'Score' then 'Auto-Score using Scanner Drivers.'
- Make sure 'Scanning Side' says 'Simplex.'
- Load the scanner with the single target and click 'Scan.'
Cleaning the Scanner
Over time debris and dirt may build up on the glass of the scanner, causing artifacting and smearing of the target image. Cleaning the scanning surface with canned air or an electronic cleaning cloth can remedy this. Consult your scanner's documentation for cleaning instructions.